Another example of a war-related song being barred from a July 4th program. No wonder our enemies can’t figure us out: our elites are too sensitive to listen to songs that mention war at patriotic concerts, while at the same time our soldiers pitilessly rain down death and destruction on the enemy, with the enthusiastic support of virtually all of our people. We’re an odd country. By the way, the same mentality that bars mention of war from 4th of July concerts accounts for the fact that we never sing “Onward Christian Soldiers” in church anymore.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell