Rocket Man is on to something regarding President Bush’s speech yesterday. As I hear the reservations about it expressed by “the Europeans,” by the media punditocracy, and by the Palestinian terror gang, I realize that the speech had a thrilling Reaganite audacity to it, an audacity not unlike President Reagan’s Berlin speech. If President Bush can keep America’s conduct consistent with the principles articulated in the speech, over the incredible pressures that will be exerted on him, he stands to join the company of the heroes of America’s freedom. Rocket Man, keep it coming…and keep the president in your prayers.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell