The Pledge decision isn’t just a joke–it is actually very revealing of the contemporary liberal mind. You’ve probably read the paragraph where the Court says that “one nation under God” is the same as “one nation under Zeus,” or “under Vishnu,” or “under no god.” These guys weren’t kidding; they knew their decision would be greeted with outrage and they thought they were writing for the ages. And this is the best they could come up with. It must be great to be a liberal–no contact with reality required.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell