Richard Brookhiser has a terrific column on the war in the weekly New York Observer dated July 1. He makes several points in the column, one of which is the unlikelihood that the war against us is being directed by “the dirt poor kakistocrats of Khartoum and Kabul.” He acknowledges that Osama bin Laden is charismatic, “if you find dream interpretation
and Koranic midrash charismatic.” He is a fine writer in addition to being an outstanding teacher of American history, as he has become through his biographies of Washington, Hamilton, and the Adams family.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell