On another subject, it is good to see the Democrats’ environmental extremism finally coming back to haunt them. The Wall Street Journal reports on the political consequences of the summer’s western wildfires. The utterly corrupt Tom Daschle, by obtaining a stealth waiver for South Dakota that is being denied to all other states, cut the Democrats’ legs out from under them. (This shows, by the way, how desperate the Democrats are to hold on to their unelected Senate majority. Daschle’s object was to benefit fellow South Dakotan Tim Johnson, who is in the fight of his life against the more popular and more able John Thune.)
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell