The eminent military historian John Keegan has a powerful column in today’s London Telegraph. With respect to the prudence of American action against Saddam Hussein, Keegan asks what would Winston Churchill do? Suffice it to say that Keegan concludes by quoting the final paragraph of Churchill’s magisterial speech from which we take our motto.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell