Today’s Star Tribune reports the result of an extremely important Minnesota Supreme Court opinion upholding the constitutionality of Minnesota’s statute providing for the aggravation of criminal sentences on defendants convicted of crimes committed for the benefit of a gang. The argument against the statute was that the statute disproportionately affects blacks, which of course happens to be true. The Court’s lone black justice, Alan Page, dissented. I intend to read the Court’s opinion and will have more to say about it when I do.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Race Hustlers Want Equal Treatment With Biker Gangs
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
- More evidence, via "Sid Vicious," of Hillary's Benghazi deceit
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell