As expected, Haaretz reports that Ariel Sharon has won an easy victory against Benjamin Netanyahu in the Likud primary.
Meanwhile, a Palestinian poll says that 76% of Palestinians now support efforts to achieve a cease-fire with Israel. This is not based on newfound moral principles, apparently, as 53% support attacking Israeli civilians and 90% support attacks on Israelis in the West Bank and Gaza strip. The pollster interprets the results as indicating that “despite the fact that people still believe the intefadeh has been good, most believe that it is time to return to the peace process….” One is tempted to label this attitude as delusional, but it is worth remembering that if the Labor party were in power, the Palestinians’ strategy of killing hundreds of Israelis, and then cashing in through negotiations, would work.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Black Lives Natter in St. Paul
- Can all these talking heads be right?
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- More Than Half of Immigrants on Public Assistance
- Clinton emails contained top secret info derived from satellite spying on North Korean nukes
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell