While driving this afternoon I listened to a liberal talk show on Minnesota’s biggest radio station, a longtime DFL bastion. The host agreed with a caller that John Ashcroft had murdered Mel Carnahan (while Carnahan was “way ahead” in the polls–not true, of course). The host then pulled out a list of liberal politicians who had died under “suspicious circumstances” (i.e, plane crashes), which the host attributed to “right wing death squads.” It will be interesting to see whether the Democratic Party disavows these nut-jobs–an increasingly important segment of the party–or whether it tolerates them and perhaps, in the end, allows them to take over the party. I’m still waiting for the first “mainstream” Democrat to disassociate himself from this rapidly-spreading variety of hate speech.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell