I don’t know, maybe I missed it, but I don’t think the American media have acknowledged the extent to which European countries support the U.S. on Iraq, as reported by the Daily Telegraph:”Europe split as leaders back US on Iraq.” The Telegraph says: “The split in Europe over America’s readiness to go to war against Iraq deepened last night when leaders of seven European nations joined Tony Blair in calling for the Continent to stand united with President George W Bush….The appeal by the leaders of Britain, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Hungary, Poland, Denmark and the Czech Republic is a boost for Mr Blair who has sought to build a European coalition of support for Mr Bush.”
The Telegraph concludes: “The prospects of Britain and America fighting a lonely war against Iraq have been laid to rest by the willingness of other European nations to pledge support.”
Watch for it in tomorrow’s New York Times.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell