The awesomely clear-sighted Charles Krauthammer seems a tad optimistic to me this morning, but I love the sentiment: “UN, RIP.” The column acutely describes the Orwellian nature of the United Nations without quite getting to the heart of the matter. The heart of the matter seems to me to lie in the charter of the UN; like Rosemary’s baby, the organization is misconceived. Krauthammer’s column nevertheless provides a lot of evidence to support the proposition. The column appears in this morning’s Washington Post, which also carries Robert Kagan’s “Politicians with guts.” Like Krauthammer’s, it’s a good one. But the best column today is Tom Wolfe’s tribute to the Manhattan Instittute: “Revolutionaries.” (Courtesy of RealClearPolitics.)
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell