The Administration will apparently pull out a lot of the stops–certainly not all–to make an impression on the U.N.’s Security Council next week. According to Newsweek’s Michael Isikoff, the evidence to be unveiled by Colin Powell will include National Security Agency intercepts of Iraqi officials plotting to evade the U.N.’s inspectors. I guess this is a good thing, but I have to wonder: is there anyone who doubts that Saddam and his minions are developing prohibited weapons and hiding that development from the inspectors? Does even the Evil Weasel, Tom Daschle, doubt this? I don’t think so. So it is a little unclear what exactly is being accomplished by jumping through this hoop. One suspects that more hoops will inevitably appear.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell