John Podhoretz of the New York Post has a column this morning that captures my reaction to Powell’s speech yesterday and pays tribute to the president’s measured, deliberate handling of the Iraq problem: “Smoking guns.” This is a brilliant column; don’t miss it.
Stephen Hayes of the Weekly Standard also has a fine column commenting on the speech of the French foreign minister responding to Powell’s: “Oui, oui more inspectors.” This column does a difficult job well: it does justice to the ridiculously supine position of the French on Iraq.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell