New York Times reporter Jere Longman has reconstructed the events that took place aboard United Flight 93 when American citizens acting together deliberated briefly under unfathomable pressure and rose to thwart the fourth terrorist attack on 9/11. He tells the story in his book Among the Heroes: United Flight 93 and the Passengers and Crew Who Fought Back.
In a class by itself among this morning’s columns is Jonathan Last’s account of the memorial to the heroes of Flight 93 at the scene of the crash in Shanksville, Pennsylvania: “A site to remember.” Don’t miss this one. (Courtesy of RealClearPolitics.)
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell