The surest way to be over-rated is to be a moderate (or better yet, liberal) Republican. Richard Lugar, in my opinion, qualifies as one of the most over-rated men in public life. This morning on “Meet the Press” Lugar criticized the Administration’s effort to develop new institutions and a new regime in Iraq, saying that the effort “started very late.” When, I wonder, does he think it should have started? The war just began thirty days ago. This kind of nit-picking, especially from Repubicans, is unhelpful.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell