Mark Steyn seems to have been inspired by recent disclosures involving Labour MP George Galloway: “I have excellent Korea prospects — I mean career prospects.” William Safire, on the other hand, has been inspired by the invective aimed at Newt Gingrich that Deacon referred to below: “Invective’s comeback.”
On National Review Online, Professor David Schaefer offers an informative history lesson on the intellectual perils of pacifism: “What did Gandhi do?” Was it not our political hero Winston Churchill who called Gandhi a half-naked fakir?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell