The life of Franz Kafka is generally thought to have been short and unhappy, but his books and stories exert a continuing fascination. Writer Kathi Diamant approaches Kafka with a sidelong glance, via Kafka’s last mistress, Dora Diamant (no relation to the writer). The current issue of the weekly Forward newspaper has an interesting profile of Kathi Diamant and her new biography of her namesake: “Writer discovers romance in Kafka’s happiest chapter.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell