The Wall Street Journal reports this morning that Uday Hussein, Saddam’s older son, has been hiding in a Baghdad suburb and is now negotiating a surrender with American authorities. The Americans are said to be in no particular hurry, as they think Uday will be caught sooner or later in any event. Uday is understandably concerned that he may be found by Iraqis before he concludes a deal with the American authorities, in which case his fate would no doubt be similar to Mussolini’s or Ceausescu’s. As an anonymous source quoted in the article says, “He doesn’t have good choices.”
The same source claims that Saddam is likewise alive and hiding in a suburb of Baghdad, but says he is in “questionable mental health.” No kidding.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell