This weekend marks our first anniversary. I had read about blogs, and had been reading Andrew Sullivan and one or two others, and thought blogging sounded like fun. Last Memorial Day weekend, I went to Blogger and in a matter of a few minutes had set up a blog. The only hangup was a name; stumped, I asked my thirteen-year-old daughter and her friend Liz for advice. In a moment of inspiration, Liz came up with Power Line.
I posted for a few days to get the hang of it, and then called the Trunk, my long-time writing partner, and invited him to join in. He checked out the site and the software and thought it looked like fun. Not long after, we invited Deacon, my college roommate, to complete the Power Line cast.
When the Trunk called me after checking out the fledgling Power Line site, he said: “I’d love to post. It looks like fun, and it would be worthwhile even if no one except you ever sees my stuff. But I have to tell you, I think the idea that we could ever have any readers for this thing is a pathetic fantasy.”
I thought he might be right; but as it turned out, we have welcomed over one half-million readers since we installed our counter last summer. So: Happy birthday, Power Line, and thanks to all our readers.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell