Reuel Marc Gerecht is a former CIA officer who served in Iran. Know Thine Enemy is the book he wrote (under the pseudonym of Edward Shirley) about his experience as an agent in Iran, and it is excellent.
The cover story in the new issue of the Weekly Standard is Gerecht’s “The Mullah’s Manhattan Project.” The article is mandatory reading. Gerecht brings his professional experience and analytical abilities to an exploration of the al Qaeda connection to Iran, the significance of the Iranian government’s nuclear weapons development program, and the appropriate course of action for the United States. It is an understatement to say that the article is troubling.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cancel The Interview Edition
- Long story short, Iowahawk edition
- As Anti-Police Demonstration Rages at Mall of America, Two Cops Are Murdered in Brooklyn [Updated]
- Edward Jay Epstein: Journalism and truth
- President Obama Weighs In On Murders of NY Policemen
- Eric Holder invents rights for the transgendered
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell