Reuel Marc Gerecht is a former CIA officer who served in Iran. Know Thine Enemy is the book he wrote (under the pseudonym of Edward Shirley) about his experience as an agent in Iran, and it is excellent.
The cover story in the new issue of the Weekly Standard is Gerecht’s “The Mullah’s Manhattan Project.” The article is mandatory reading. Gerecht brings his professional experience and analytical abilities to an exploration of the al Qaeda connection to Iran, the significance of the Iranian government’s nuclear weapons development program, and the appropriate course of action for the United States. It is an understatement to say that the article is troubling.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell