We posted a few days ago on the woman who has sued the state of Florida, with the assistance of the Florida Civil Liberties Union, claiming that her Muslim religion requires her to wear a veil in her driver’s license photograph, which renders the photo useless as identification.
So I couldn’t help being struck by this photo of Miss Egypt, who is currently participating in the Miss Universe pageant:
It’s a small point, of course, and I suppose she could be a Copt. But still, I can’t help feeling that the Florida case is another instance where the remarkable good will of the American people is being taken advantage of by our adversaries.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell