Lost in the daily hysteria over ongoing violence in Iraq are the many signs of the progress that is steadily being made. The photo below shows an American soldier with a laptop at an internet cafe in Tikrit, one of a number of such cafes that have been opened with the assistance of American troops.
Bringing the internet to Iraq is more than just a luxury or a curiosity. It is a tangible and practical sign of America’s sincerity in trying to help Iraqis to create a free society.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell