Alan Dershowitz has one very powerful column on the crucial role played by the United Nations in facilitating the growth of the terrorist movement that landed last week on the doorsteps of the UN itself: “Terror stings its pal, the UN.” Here’s the nub of it: “For more than a quarter of a century, the U.N. has actively encouraged terrorism by rewarding its primary practitioners, legitimating it as a tactic, condemning its victims when they try to defend themselves and describing the murderers of innocent children as ‘freedom fighters.’ No organization in the world today has accorded so much legitimacy to terrorism as has the U.N.” (Courtesy of RealClearPolitics.)
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell