Charles Krauthammer is a trained psychiatrist. When he diagnoses mental illness, the diagnosis carries some weight. His column today on Senator Kennedy’s latest comments on President Bush and the war (“This whole thing was a fraud”) therefore warrants special consideration: “From partisanship to pathology.”
Krauthammer believes that Kennedy’s comments reflect a wider phenomenon within the Democratic party: “Kennedy’s rant reflects the Democrats’ blinding Bush-hatred, and marks its passage from partisanship to pathology.” If this is accurate, Jonathan Chait’s New Republic article represents a dramatic case study in the pathology.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell