Charles Krauthammer is a trained psychiatrist. When he diagnoses mental illness, the diagnosis carries some weight. His column today on Senator Kennedy’s latest comments on President Bush and the war (“This whole thing was a fraud”) therefore warrants special consideration: “From partisanship to pathology.”
Krauthammer believes that Kennedy’s comments reflect a wider phenomenon within the Democratic party: “Kennedy’s rant reflects the Democrats’ blinding Bush-hatred, and marks its passage from partisanship to pathology.” If this is accurate, Jonathan Chait’s New Republic article represents a dramatic case study in the pathology.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell