In retrospect, the first World Trade Center attack in February 1993 looks like an unheeded warning and the foreign policy of the Clinton administration an excursion into dreamland. Richard Miniter’s new book Losing bin Laden: How Bill Clinton’s Failures Unleashed Global Terror explores the evidence on these points; we linked to four excerpts from the book that the Washington Times ran during the first week of this month. Today OpinionJournal runs a generous excerpt from the book that takes us inside the White House on the day of the first World Trade Center attack: “An unheeded warning.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell