A third Arabic-speaking Guantanamo Bay employee, this one a civilian translator, has been arrested. Early reports indicate that he was arrested at Boston’s Logan Airport as he returned from Egypt. Documents and CD roms found in his possession were seized; he denied the documents were his. Which doesn’t look good, obviously, for his innocence.
Either security procedures at Guantanamo have been horribly lax, or the military has carried out a clever scheme whereby al Qaeda sympathizers were allowed to infiltrate the camp as translators, etc., so as to obtain information about their contacts. I’m afraid the former explanation is more likely.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cancel The Interview Edition
- Long story short, Iowahawk edition
- As Anti-Police Demonstration Rages at Mall of America, Two Cops Are Murdered in Brooklyn [Updated]
- Edward Jay Epstein: Journalism and truth
- What's in a political name?
- Eric Holder invents rights for the transgendered
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell