Diana West gets paid to follow public affairs with the kind of attention that brought her to focus on the White House celebration of Ramadan earlier this week. I, on the other hand, am a volunteer observer of public affairs with a normal threshold for pain. On occasion I therefore avert my eyes from events that I know will hurt too much to witness.
Thanks to Diana West, I didn’t have to watch the White House doings and can laugh instead of cry while reading the following: “So, the president hosted his Ramadan dinner. Believing (and having written) that this man is all that separates us from the abyss, I’m pulling for Mr. Bush to succeed. At the same time, I’m also hoping he choked a little on his official remarks, at least on the part where he called on people of all faiths to reflect on ‘the values we hold common
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell