Commentary magazine has posted much of its December issue online. Among the must-read items is Christopher Caldwell’s review of Right To Exist: A Moral Defense of Israel’s Wars by Yaacov Lozowick. Lozowick is a former peacenik and is the director of archives at the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem. Caldwell scrupulously recounts the book’s argument and commends the book with only minor reservation. Lozowick’s sister is a Power Line reader who originally brought the book to our attention a few months ago. I’m afraid the book will remain of continuing relevance for some time to come.
The lead article in the issue is by Efraim Karsh on the seemingly intractable problem raised by Israel’s Arab minority: “Israel’s Arabs v. Israel.” Karsh’s article makes it painfully clear that Israel’s Arabs by themselves will make Lozowick’s book of continuing relevance: “The fundamental problem of Israel
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell