The bettors were right: Rosanna Davison, Miss Ireland, won the Miss World contest last night. Here she is with runners-up Miss Canada and Miss China:
For more on Miss Davison–the daughter of a famous songwriter I never heard of–see our post here; here are my favorite constestants.
China hasn’t been a Communist country for a long time, if it ever was; I believe that its government consumes a smaller portion of its GDP than ours does. But China’s hosting the Miss World pageant might be as good an occasion as any to mark the demise of any pretense of being a Communist state.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell