The Jerusalem Post carries a story on the Israeli raid on one of those permanent “refugee camps” in the Gaza Strip, this one straddling the border with Egypt: “IDF exits Rafah.”
The raid itself is not as interesting as the story’s accompanying photograph of the weapon-smuggling tunnel (above) that was blown up during the raid. This is one of the 40 such tunnels whose existence Israel has discovered in the past year or so and whose existence Egypt continues to deny. Soldiers discovered the tunnel, 17 meters deep and 800 meters long, via an entrance inside a house in the refugee camp.
On a related note, our friends at RealClearPolitics have steered us to this editorial and the accompanying photograph (above) in today’s Jerusalem Post: “Maher’s humiliation.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Race Hustlers Want Equal Treatment With Biker Gangs
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
- More evidence, via "Sid Vicious," of Hillary's Benghazi deceit
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell