(Courtesy of Blackfive and Malcolm Smordin.)
UPDATE: Comments on the photo at the linked Blacfive site suggest that the photo is intended to be humorous. Reader Larry Ferguson advises: “The U.S. flag is facing the correct direction (page 248 of the Army Regulation 670 -1 ‘Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia.’) When the flag is on the right shoulder, it is to fly true (i.e., appear as blowing in the breeze as the soldier marches forward.) However the photo is a Photoshop hoax as pointed out by any number of commenters. My favorite comment is that the French Flag should be reversed, as it would fly in retreat!” Over at Shot in the Dark, Mitch Berg has suggested alternative badges and solicited suggestions for others.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell