It appears that Mike Ditka’s announcement of his Senate bid as the Republican candidate replacing Jack Ryan is imminent. Ditka’s candidacy promises to exceed Ryan’s in entertainment value if not prospects of success. Chicago Sun-Times columist Mark Brown acknowledges Ditka’s status as Chicago’s philosopher-king and gets the ball rolling with “Savor Ditka’s eloquence before he fades again.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell