Consumer confidence rose for the fourth straight month in July, beyond the expectations of most economists.
A couple of years ago, the conventional wisdom was that numbers like these would guarantee President Bush’s re-election. The Democrats were telling everyone that the economy would be the decisive issue. But that was before Iraq, and Iraq changed everything. Now consumer confidence is a footnote. More about that later.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Our under-incarceration problem, Charlotte edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell