Consumer confidence rose for the fourth straight month in July, beyond the expectations of most economists.
A couple of years ago, the conventional wisdom was that numbers like these would guarantee President Bush’s re-election. The Democrats were telling everyone that the economy would be the decisive issue. But that was before Iraq, and Iraq changed everything. Now consumer confidence is a footnote. More about that later.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Man of the Year Edition
- Branstad as Ambassador to China: More Interesting Than It Looks
- With Ellison inside the Nation of Islam
- Obama to probe alleged Russian election meddling; Senate might too
- Microsoft Goes Left
- Linda McMahon to head the Small Business Administration [With Comment by John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell