Consumer confidence rose for the fourth straight month in July, beyond the expectations of most economists.
A couple of years ago, the conventional wisdom was that numbers like these would guarantee President Bush’s re-election. The Democrats were telling everyone that the economy would be the decisive issue. But that was before Iraq, and Iraq changed everything. Now consumer confidence is a footnote. More about that later.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell