Rocket Man is doing a helluva job live blogging John Kerry’s acceptance speech, but even he can’t keep up with Kerry’s rapid-fire demagogy tonight. I just heard Kerry peddle in passing a version of the the bake sales for body armor canard that Al Gore shouted out in his rant before MoveOn.org. This is one canard that Little Trunk debunked earlier this month: “Where’s the yeast?”
John Edwards must have taught Kerry something about the art of throwing mud against the wall in the manner of a world-class ambulance chaser. Making baseless accusations takes a second and exposing them takes a month. As Mark Twain famously observed, a lie can go half way around the world while the truth is still putting its boots on.
Does it bear mention that Kerry in any event was one of only 12 senators voting against the supplemental $87 billion funding bill (after he voted for it, of course) that provided in part for the supply of body armor to the troops serving in Iraq?
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell