With Rudy Giuliani’s speech still echoing in my mind, I’m looking for serious writtten reactions to it. Richard Brookhiser has taken the occasion of the speech to supply the perspective of Giuliani’s career as a public man: “Rudy!” A footnote: He mangles the Woody Allen quote, but he finished the column past midnight.
John Podhoretz reflects on the speech itself in his New York Post column: “Stemwinder.”
HINDROCKET adds: Shortly before the main speeches began last night, Podhoretz told Hugh Hewitt and me that he expected a great performance from Giuliani, noting that most people didn’t yet realize what a great stump speaker Giuliani is.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell