We wrote yesterday that it was premature to panic over the “disappearing ink” snafu in Afghanistan, and the “boycotting” of the election–retrospectively, of course–by the losers. Sure enough, as the dust has settled, it turns out that the election came off successfully, there was very little violence, the ink problem was relatively minor, and the Afghans themselves are delighted with their first venture into democracy.
Rather than re-invent the wheel, I’ll just send you to Glenn Reynolds, who’s done a great job of pulling together the latest.
Just don’t forget to come back.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell