John Kerry on October 29, 2004: “Wake up, America, wake up…You have a choice.” (Patricia Wilson, “Kerry: ‘Wake Up America’ And Choose Fresh Start.”)
Bob Dole on October 25, 1996: “Where is the outrage in America? Where is the outrage in America? Where has the media gone in America? Where is the outrage in America?” (PBS News Hour.)
Bob Dole on October 29, 1996: “Wake up, America.” (“Bob Dole addresses his election struggles,” CNN AllPolitics interview with Candy Crowley.) (Courtesy of Kathryn Jean Lopez and The Corner.)
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell