USA Today runs the excellent AP story on the renaming of the site of the Miracle on Ice in honor of St. Paul’s Herb Brooks yesterday: “1980 hockey rink named in honor of Herb Brooks.”
The AP caption reads: “Kelly Paradise, center, daughter of hockey coach Herb Brooks, and Herb Brooks’ son Dan Brooks, right, listen as New York Gov. George Pataki, left, announces at the end of the 25th anniversary celebration of the 1980 Winter Olympics on Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2005, in Lake Placid, N.Y., that the arena will be named after US Olympic hockey coach Herb Brooks (AP Photo/Jim McKnight)”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell