The White House has posted the moving speech President Bush gave last Thursday in Bratislava’s Hviezdoslavovo Square: “President addresses and thanks citizens of Slovakia.” In the photo below by White House photographer Eric Draper, President Bush gives his thumbs up as he leaves the stage with Prime Minister Mikulas Dzurinda of Slovakia after the speech.
In his Washington Times column today, Lawrence Kudlow locates the common themes in President Bush’s comments throughout his trip in Bush’s “moral-high-ground, idea-driven foreign policy.” President Bush’s Bratislava speech is an excellent example of remarks illustrating Kudlow’s thesis.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell