File under the category of good news, Schadenfreude subfile: “French voters reject EU constitution.” Bill Kristol anticipated the good news, and took some pleasure in the anticipated unhappiness of the Eurocrats in “A new Europe?” Mark Coffey anticipated the result by making Jacques Chirac his “Weekly jackass no. 25″ over at Decison ’08. Mark Steyn, on the other hand, predicts that “EU just won’t take ‘no’ for an answer.” (Courtesy of RealClearPolitics.)
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell