Miss Canada, Natalie Glebova, won the Miss Universe contest tonight. I haven’t checked for a few days, but last I knew, she was the betting favorite. Here she is, during the swimsuit competition:
Miss Canada was the only non-Latin American finalist; the others were Miss Miss Dominican Republic, Miss Mexico, Miss Puerto Rico and Miss Venezuela. So it was a New World sweep.
I wasn’t able to live-blog the competition tonight, as I was on an airplane en route to Atlanta for CNN’s annual meeting with its international correspondents and affiliates. I’ll be on a program tomorrow afternoon, and will report anything interesting that happens.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell