In the post below, Star Tribune editorial page editor Susan Albright defends the Star Tribune editorial in which the paper condemned the American detention operation at Guantanamo as a “hellhole.” Our confidential Washington source has emailed us the PDF of a two-week menu for the detainees in the “hellhole.” Click here for a look.
JOHN adds: The horror! A close reading of the menu reveals that, while the apples, bananas, pears, oranges and strawberries must be fresh, frozen melons are permitted to be served! A hellhole, indeed.
Actually, I think the menu is evidence of a fiendish plot to do away with terrorists via obesity.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell