Robert Byrd was elected the United Senator from West Virginia in 1958 and served for 12 years as the leader of the Senate Democrats in the capacity of Majority or Minority leader, from 1977-1989. Byron York has reviewed the attention afforded by the Washington Post to Senator Byrd’s previous career as an Exalted Cyclops and Kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan. York concludes: “A review of the paper
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell