The Washington Post presents what I consider a solid and fair-minded comparison of my two favorite potential Supreme Court nominees — Michael Luttig and John Roberts. The article (by Charles Lane and Jerry Markon) is consistent with my limited first-hand knowledge of the two judges and with what I hear from others who know more than I do. It explains why Luttig is the first choice of many conservatives who follow these things closely, but why Roberts might be easier to confirm. And, if you read to the end, it illustrates why neither Luttig nor Roberts can fairly be portrayed as an extremist.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell