The new biography of Jimi Hendrix reveals that he joined the Army to avoid prison, and that he escaped the Army by falsely confessing homosexuality to an Army psychiatrist: “How Jimi queered Army’s pitch.” On the plus side, according to the biography: “Contrary to his later image, Hendrix was an avowed anti-communist who showed little unease about the escalating US role in Vietnam.”
UPDATE; Thanks to the readers who wrote in; I fixed the link.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell