The new biography of Jimi Hendrix reveals that he joined the Army to avoid prison, and that he escaped the Army by falsely confessing homosexuality to an Army psychiatrist: “How Jimi queered Army’s pitch.” On the plus side, according to the biography: “Contrary to his later image, Hendrix was an avowed anti-communist who showed little unease about the escalating US role in Vietnam.”
UPDATE; Thanks to the readers who wrote in; I fixed the link.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell