Doomsday predictions are everywhere; 60% to 80% of New Orleans’ homes destroyed, the entire city submerged, thousands stranded in the Super Dome like the people you sometimes see perched on the roofs of their houses during a flood; thoudands, perhaps, killed. Michelle Malkin has a good roundup.
Still, things might not turn out so badly. New Orleans has had a number of near misses in recent years; this might be another one. Let’s hope that Katrina turns out to be the Kohoutek of natural disasters.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell