Between being down much of the day and having nothing original to add to the excellent coverage being done elsewhere, we haven’t talked about Hurricane Katrina today. The Associated Press has the latest, including reports of widespread looting in New Orleans. The Times-Picayune’s breaking news feed is here. (Via Hugh Hewitt.) This photo is one of many that show the hurricane’s power:
The scale of the disaster in Mississippi and Louisiana is unimaginable here in the Midwest. It’s not a very edifying response, I know, but I can’t help being grateful for living in a part of the world where natural phenomena may be inconvenient, but are almost never deadly.
UPDATE: Looters in New Orleans:
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell