Thanks to Mark Arnold and many, many other readers who wrote to correct my description of the politician who left shoeboxes full of cash behind after his death. Contrary to my description of the politician as a Chicago alderman, our readers reminded me, it was in fact the late Illinois Secretary of State Paul Powell. Mr. Powell left behind shoeboxes filled with $800,000 in the hotel room that was his home when he died. The subtitle of the linked biography of Powell is “A Lifelong Democrat.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell