John Hinderaker demolishes a typically lazy AP piece that has no conceivable purpose other than as a hit job on Bush. Note, for example, the section in which the AP hack, Jennifer Loven, dismisses as a “straw man” Bush ‘s characterization of Kerry’s position on the war, even though it’s virtually a direct quotation and the hackette’s husband was a prominent Kerry supporter. This Powerline post is a grand example of the pleasures of the Internet. It’s interesting to me, as a fading old-media bore, that the trend in media is the exact opposite of the rest of the economy, where Wal-Mart and Home Depot and McDonald’s are putting all the mom’n’pop stores out of business. In the media, Knight-Ridder and CBS and The New York Times are the Wal-Mart and Home Depot and they’re being picked off one, ten, a hundred readers at a time by what are effectively mom’n’pop stores like Powerline and Instapundit and Little Green Footballs. Maybe the difference between Wal-Mart and old media is that the latter never knew their market that well in the first place.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell